“Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested on 66th Birthday, According to Sources”

British media report that Prince Andrew, Duke of York, was taken into police custody on his 66th birthday as part of a coordinated operation connected to an ongoing investigation. According to the BBC, officers arrived early Thursday at Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate.

Authorities confirmed the arrest was on suspicion of misconduct in public office, stressing that the matter remains under investigation and has not yet been tested in court.

Eyewitnesses described multiple unmarked vehicles entering the property and officers in plain clothes carrying equipment while conducting the operation. The timing, coinciding with Andrew’s birthday, drew public attention, though officials said the arrest followed standard procedural developments.

Thames Valley Police stated the custody was part of a broader inquiry, with searches also conducted at additional properties in Berkshire and Norfolk.

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said the investigation began after authorities reviewed the allegations and noted operational details would remain limited to protect the integrity of the process.

Prince Andrew has been under public scrutiny in recent years due to past connections with Jeffrey Epstein, which he has repeatedly denied involved wrongdoing. Officials emphasize that those earlier matters are separate from the current investigation.

Recent reports indicate Andrew had been staying at Wood Farm after leaving Royal Lodge in Windsor, amid renewed public discussion of prior controversies.

U.K. law treats an arrest as the start of a legal process rather than its conclusion. Authorities stressed that prosecutors will determine whether the evidence supports charges, highlighting that accountability depends on careful examination of facts and due process.